"some of the most interesting people i know don't know what to do with their lives."

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Perfection

Perfection (Noun)
The state or quality of being or becoming perfect.

Perfection.
Everyone strives for it.
Some people deny it,
others welcome it with open arms.
I'm the type of person who wants perfection.
And I get frustrated when I can't achieve it.
Like today, for example.
I gave up.
I threw in the towel.
I put my hands up in the air.
I went into that arena, and longed Ilean.
I couldn't take it anymore.
I got frustrated.
Now, many things contributed to that,
but the first one was perfection.
I wasn't perfect.
And it killed me.

But at the end of your ride,
when your horse is in the crossties,
you have to look them in the eye and say:
"Ilean (insert name here), you are perfect. Its just my fault."

No comments:

Post a Comment