"some of the most interesting people i know don't know what to do with their lives."

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reasonable Expectations

Expectations

So, last Saturday, I had a lesson on Ilean.
This isn't a big shock to people,
but most of you don't know that I told her owner that it would be my last month with her.
Tacking up that day,
I was preparing myself for the fights we usually have.
But I also made a promise to myself,
I wouldn't do anything to make it a bad ride.
So I got on,
and you know what?

It was an amazing ride.
The first great ride in months.
I never lost my mind.
I didn't care if we where perfect or not.
This was my last ride,
I had to make it count.

And when Ilean looked back at me before she stepped in the trailer,
I knew we left on good terms.
I will miss her,
But we didn't belong with each other.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment